Aileen Ortega, Esq., Of Counsel
Aileen Ortega received her Juris Doctorate from Harvard Law School in 1992 where she served as an editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy. She received her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance, with Honors, from the University of Florida in 1989. While at the University of Florida, Ms. Ortega served as a councilman for the Business Administration College Student Council and as Chairperson of the Conduct Board. She also received the Outstanding Minority Student Scholar Award in 1989.
Having started her career as an attorney at one of the largest corporate law firms in Florida, Greenberg Traurig, LLP, Ms. Ortega has handled complex property matters for major clients involving millions of dollars. She also worked as an attorney at Shutts & Bowen LLP, the oldest law firm in Miami, where she was exposed to transactions involving large, established, institutional clients.
Ms. Ortega is fluent in Spanish and is a Board Member of the City of Coral Gables School and Community Relations Board, and is also active in fundraising for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
Aileen Ortega is a real estate attorney that has represented a wide variety of clients over her 24 year career:
- Developers: She assists developers and investors in their acquisition, development, operation and sales of real estate projects, including condominiums and homeowners associations. She focuses on understanding the developer’s unique concerns and assisting in all aspects of a development.
- Foreign Investors in Real Estate: She represents many foreign clients concerning their real estate investments in the State of Florida, and helps structure the transactions as to avoid or limit the special tax implications of foreign investments.
- Landlords and Tenants: She represents Landlords and Tenants in negotiating all types of leases from shopping centers to Class A office buildings and drafting form leases for building managers to use.
- Financial Institutions: She represents financial institutions, including foreign financial institutions and private lenders in a wide variety of real estate loans (including revolving credit lines, construction loans, conduit loans, mortgage loans, workouts, loan modifications, and residential loans).
- Sellers and Purchasers of Real Estate: I represent Sellers and Purchasers of Real Estate in all aspects of a transaction including financing and title insurance. Her affiliated title agency, Cambridge Title & Closing Services, Inc. is an agent for Chicago Title Insurance Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, WFG National Title Insurance Company and North American Title Insurance Company, and can provide title insurance policies for owners and lenders.